Cherry Kino

Cherry Kino

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Cherry Kino plans for 2010!


Hello!

Cherry Kino is a maker, lover and shower of wondermental film in Leeds and Bradford, and I've got some plans for this year that I am really truly tickled inside about, fills me with pleasure! In July there will be a 16mm flat-printing and rayogram workshop on b/w print film, done without a camera and using a red safelight, so you can actually see what you're doing in the dark room! Then I'll show people a few techniques using a really ace set of film tinters and toners, you can get some magical images.


Then in August there will be a screening of wondermental film, in September Cherry Kino will host the San Francisco based filmmaker Paul Clipson http://vimeo.com/videos/search:paul%20clipson to show his incredible films, and in October, we'll witness the splendid films and expanded cinema performances of Takahiko Iimura! http://www.takaiimura.com/ Then in November the Cherry Kino Festival will take place as part of Leeds International Film Festival http://www.leedsfilm.com/ So I'm feeling fully inspired and up for it! This really is what I love doing (as well as growing fruit and veg, making films, visiting film festivals, swimming, concocting homemade potions with essential oils and herbs, natural healing, and experimenting with raw vegan food!). I'm trying to build a website at the moment, so bear with me a bit for that (!) and meanwhile this blog will be my way of expression.

I'll be announcing the workshop dates and info soon - I think there will be space for between 6 and 8 people on it - and if you need to get in touch with me you can email me at cherrykinocinema@yahoo.com

Ok, see ya!

x Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment