Cherry Kino

Cherry Kino

Friday, 26 November 2010

Post-Festival Phews!

No, I haven't got post-festival blues - I've got post-festival phews! (excuse the crappy pun - it seems the festival stress has removed my sense of humour).

CK booklets have gone down a storm!!! I never imagined it'd be like this! I just wanted to make it coz it's what I would like to come across myself (and have, thanks to others). The enthusiasm and warmth I've got back from people makes me want to make another one right away!! But I have no money left. And I probably need to learn a few more techniques to make it an interesting second edition! Or maybe invite people to contribute? I've gotta keep the ones I have left for giving to people who visit the lab, so I hope that's the last of the orders now. If I come into some money I could do another print run of them, but that looks seriously doubtful!!! I am skint now. Skint, but happy. And cold!!!

Just finished tying loose ends up after the festival. That's the kind of boring part, but it needs doing. And now I can get ready for... the Cherry Kino screening of Larry Jordan's Short Films on 9th December in the Leeds Town Hall!!! I am really looking forward to it - to just be doing that and nothing else will be bliss! Still need to book the films from Lightcone asap...

I'm trying to finish shooting all the K40 I have left on Super 8 - including some 16mm - but my favourite camera needs servicing, which is really annoying! Actually about 5 of my cameras need servicing, and so do all my Super 8 projectors... I hardly have any money. I have a brilliant but not brilliantly paid film job, and I spend what I do earn on cameras and equipment that always needs repairing!!! But it was such a gorgeous day today. Freezing, but so sunny. I shot a whole roll of K40, filming the beautiful nature that has come out to play in this cold and inhospitable climate!

Getting down to the lab over the next week to spend some time on my own work - feeling so inspired from what I've been watching during CK at the fest, and wanna put it to use! It's a wonderful world, innit?!!

Think I seriously need a massive detox too - stress just aint good for the body or the soul! Ok ok, it gets things to happen, but my god, the festival is 18 days long - too many things need doing all at the same time, and it's crazy! (During the festival, Cherry Kino isn't my only responsibility - as Deputy Programme Manager I've got about a zillion others!). But it's over now - til we start planning the next one in, oh, about a week!!!

peace out! bring on the fresh veggies...

x Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment