Cherry Kino

Cherry Kino

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Pics from workshops at South Square on 6th & 7th August!

Here are pics sent by Dave Beveridge and Pete Smyth who attended the Cherry Kino Super8 Workshop at South Square Gallery in Thornton last weekend (thanks for sending these!), plus some comments about the South Square workshops - thanks guys!! If you attended and have extra pics, email them over and I'll add them to this blog post. It was an ace time! If you're interested in attending a Super8 workshop, email cherrykinocinema@yahoo.com for more info!












Cherry Kino did 2 workshops at the lovely South Square Gallery over 2 consecutive weekends, so here are a few things people have written about it - thanks guys!

Your knowledge, teaching methods and passion for the subject was all very inspirational and thats what makes attending workshops good value all round.!!! - Carole

I've been meaning to drop you a line to say thank you very much for the workshop. It made a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and it was a real pleasure to meet such a lovely bunch of people. I would definitely recommend the workshop to anyone interested in film generally - In fact I was thinking of mentioning it to my old tutor at Leeds Met because I think the process could be of interest to students working in film and across other media - maybe even painting/drawing students who might benefit from broadening their approach. I totally appreciated your own enthusiasm for your work. It's kind of infectious, which I think made your workshop particularly enjoyable. - Kathryn

I had a brilliant weekend. Despite already being fairly familiar with the Super 8 format I learned loads of new things, both technical and creative skills. I thought Martha was an engaging and totally delightful person, so patient and relaxed. I really appreciated how we were all made to feel equal and capable, Martha was completely un-intimidating and had an obvious desire to share her passion for film.
I came away with a recharged head! A much needed renewal of ideas and energy. All for £80 and a couple of days worth of time...what a bloomin' bargain! - Lucy

Martha, can't thank you enough for putting on such an amazing, informative, fun and creative weekend. Really had a fantastic time. You are a real inspiration to just getting out there and doing it!
Defo let me know about the gallery showing in October, would love to come back and see all the films and everyone again! - Pete

(Ah, such ace comments - you were all amazing to work with too!)

x Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment