Cherry Kino

Cherry Kino

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Some Experimental Film Artists I am really loving at the moment!

Hi all!

I wanted to write a post about some of the filmmakers I've been really happy to discover recently.

The first is Leslie Supnet, an animator based in Winnipeg, Canada. Her film 'Sun Moon Stars Rain' is so wonderful! I'm really interested in how filmmakers and musicians collaborate at the moment, having just made three music videos myself, and one film/poetry/music collaboration, and Leslie's film really nails it in my view. I love it. Here it is:

sun moon stars rain from Leslie Supnet on Vimeo.

The next person I want to flag up is Dinorah de Jesus Rodriguez. Dinorah sent me an email earlier this summer about a post I'd written on Frameworks to do with watercolours made especially for photographs, that I used for applying directly to the film strip. I got intrigued and looked at her work on vimeo, and it really blew me away too. Here's some of Dinorah's work:

Is It True Blondes Have More FUN? from Dinorah de Jesús Rodriguez on Vimeo.


I also really like the work of , who I hope to collaborate with on a piece:

Revém Natura Experiencia #0 from Ж on Vimeo.

x Martha 

No comments:

Post a Comment