There are
photographs in all the books I chose to bring with me to Finland. Nadja,
Travelling Light, and The Summer Book. It’s interesting that I also feel
compelled to create a book with images. I have wanted to since Australia, when
I found Nadja but didn’t read it.
Here are some new poems I have just written, up with the dawn.
Here are some new poems I have just written, up with the dawn.
Toi (Finn)
The rims of
her eyes were dark for a blonde -
what was so
extraordinary about what was happening in those eyes?
Convulsive,
crushing embrace,
beautiful
as a seismograph behind great thickets of tears.
You should
have hidden her from me,
the
beginning of hope.
Light Travel
They were
afraid of being left behind.
I opened
the front door and only then realised how lucky I was,
waded out
into the wet night, fascinated.
When I
eventually stopped, utterly exhausted, I was almost alone and it was completely
silent.
All those
days and weeks of being imprisoned in darkness.
I’ve always
been fascinated by woodlands.
The rare,
furious joy of clasping
their glorious
bosoms stained with earth and grass.
The island
became unreal.
Was it
something about nature?
Sylva Shade
Something draws me to you.
A berried whisper,
soft tongue of pine,
the promise of a bed of needles
to while away some time
in your luscious sylva shade,
filling myself up with your
strong steady scent
that strengthens my muscles,
stretches my spine.
A cool woody balm
for such a boiling heart.
x Martha
Sylva Shade
Something draws me to you.
A berried whisper,
soft tongue of pine,
the promise of a bed of needles
to while away some time
in your luscious sylva shade,
filling myself up with your
strong steady scent
that strengthens my muscles,
stretches my spine.
A cool woody balm
for such a boiling heart.
x Martha
No comments:
Post a Comment